Current Issue

PREMIUM CONTENT FOR SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

Trends

GM Will Sell Only EVs by 2035

Order Reprints
sdfgh

Jan. 29, 2021—General Motors has laid out a series of goals in an attempt to embrace an all-electric future. 

Yesterday, GM announced its intention to reach carbon neutrality by 2040. This news comes after the automaker announced another goal, to stop producing gas-powered vehicles by 2035. According to NPR, by 2025, 40 percent of GM's vehicles will be battery powered. 

As of now, 75 percent of the automaker's greenhouse emissions come from its internal combustion vehicles, with its production facilities accounting for the remaining 25 percent.  By 2035, GM hopes to be functioning off completely renewable energy. 

Related Articles

GM CEO Says Shift to EVs Will Take 20 Years

California Bans Sales of New Gas Cars By 2035

Will Uber Sell its Autonomous Unit?

You must login or register in order to post a comment.