EV Startup Canoo Sees 2nd Battery Fire during Tests
July 14, 2022—EV startup Canoo saw one of its trailers at its Torrance, California, office catch fire last week during a lithium-ion battery test.
According to a report from The Detroit News, no injuries were reported during the July 8 fire, though one employee was sent to urgent care for assessment on smoke inhalation. Per the report, this is the second battery fire at the EV startup's offices within the past 12 months.
The Torrance Fired Department received a call at 7:37 a.m. PDT July 8, and within six minutes, two vehicles arrived to find the trailer "fully involved" in flames.
A Canoo representative didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from The Detroit News.