Roundup of New Electric Vehicle Companies
March 4. 2020—Electric vehicle companies have the potential to make an impact with new approaches to design and technological advancements, reported The New York Times. Other companies like Dyson might face challenges and not be commercially viable.
Here's a look at some of the new competitors to Tesla.
- Byton: This Chinese electric car is aiming to be the most digital car on the road. The interior features a screen for every passenger and a screen embedded in the steering wheel.
- NIO: This Shanghai car company is one of the few companies already building and selling cars.
- Piëch: This car wants to push technical boundaries. It claims it will be able to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds.
- Faraday Future: This luxury electric vehicle brand is based in Los Angeles, Calif., and uses NASA technology to distribute the passenger's weight evenly.
- Lucid: Based out of Arizona, the car is designed to exploit the space that becomes available when there is no longer a need for bulky internal combustion engines and transmissions.
- Canoo: Another California start-up, Canoo said it would offer electric vehicles next year by subscription.
- Rivian: This electric-car company has backing from Amazon and Ford, making it the company with the most solid financing.